My Crazy Kids

My Crazy Kids

Monday 2 December 2013

73 Days : Our Homeless Journey



I was recently asked by my good friend Gary Marquick if I would be interested in reviewing his new book 73 Days : Our Homeless Jorney that he was awaiting publication of.

Of cause, when a friend asks you to review his new book, you can only but jump at the chance, so obviously I did.

I waited patiently for days whilst the book was in its final publication stages, then finally the joyful text came through to say it was live and ready to read.

Straight away I jumped on Amazon and downloaded it ready to read once I returned from work that same day.

As soon as the kids were in bed and soundly asleep I began to read Gary's story.

I must say in advance I knew they had been through some rough times of late as a family in the whole, but I never knew exactly how's rough things actually got.

This book is a deep inside into the troubling world that unemployment (due to severe Ill health) which lead to homelessness can turn a families life completely upside down.

In this book you find out how quick a happy normal family who have everything going for them can have it all cruelly taken away from them in as blink of an eye.

It is a well written book with a truly deep insight into homelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment