My Crazy Kids

My Crazy Kids

Sunday 15 December 2013

My charity raffle day

Saturday 14th December was a fab day, for not only was I breaking up for my Christmas holiday but I was also holding a charity fun day/raffle.


As you might of previously read in my post titled Christmas is a time for giving, I have taken it upon myself to try and raise as much money as possible for The Lullaby Trust in memory of a little angel who goes by the name of Matilda Mae.

As my previous post informed you I tried to reach out to many shops, stores and sporting venues. I was genuinely shocked by the response I got, I fully understand that these companies/businesses receive possibly hundreds if not thousands of requests just like mine for various events and its not possible to accept everyone's requests with a positive reply.

So when the " sorry we can't help you this time " letters started falling on my door mat, I did start to get worried that I would end up with no or very few prizes at all.

Then came the shock, the complete and genuine shock. I received a letter from Kidderminster Harriers fc donating a pair of match day tickets, a small prize but a prize nether the less. Then Monmore Green Dog Track sent me six entree tickets, another small prize but a prize to add to my growing collection.

My market place manager then generously cash us thirty pound in cash prizes, a giant eeyore teddy and a Christmas hamper to a value of over fourth pound, all of which was greatly appreciated.

 

Then when I was at work next I received a letter from Worcester racecourse donating four complimentary tickets and I also received a letter for two complimentary tickets for a Worcester Royals cricket match.

My biggest coup by far was the generosity shown by Worcester rugby club who donated four match day tickets to the value of about £120.

The fun day was a big hit me and my colleague dressed in Christmas gear and held a coffee morning.



In total thanks to all our customers donating so kindly we raised a generous £210. This my not a massive amount by any means but it will still go to such a worthy charity.



Post Comment Love

5 comments:

  1. Well done! I am so glad you got some really great prizes in the end and congratulations on the amount you raised - any amount big or small always counts for charity in my experience. Thanks for linking to PoCoLo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work for an important cause and a gorgeous Angel baby. Well done. Loving the blog - great template choice too. ;-) #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a massive achievement its so difficult to make any money at all for charities these days that its fantastic that all your hard work paid off.

    thank you for sharing and linking up with #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to you for holding a charity fun day and raffle. And congratulations on raising £210 for a very important cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words, I won't lie it was hard at times but it paid off and we raised a nice amount for such a deserving charity.

    ReplyDelete