My Crazy Kids

My Crazy Kids

Saturday 15 November 2014

Penpals at Home books

 Penpals at Home Getting Ready for Handwriting and Forming Letters are fantastic books full of activies to help your 3-5 year olds with developing their motor skills to help improve with their handwriting.

 

As my two boys are in nursery and year one respectively I thought this book would be a great aid in helping with their handwriting. 

Its laminated pages are ideal as they can be used over and over again, so you don't have to worry if your child is like mine and draws off the patterns/shapes on the page or scribbles on the page completely as you can just wipe it off and start again. Unfortunately the book doesn't come with a wipe clean pen, but you can pick these up quiet cheap from stationary shops.

This book has a fantastic FREE app you can download from google play or the ITunes store. This app allows your child to follow an animated example of how to draw the shape or letter correctly. Both my wife and I downloaded this app on our respective phones but the app worked on her phone but not mine so be aware of this in case it doesn't work once you have downloaded it.

Along with the app guidance each new double page has a 'Notes for grown-ups' part where it tells the growm-up what the letter is known as and how to help them write it. For example c,a,d,o,s,g,q,e and f are known as curly caterpillar letters.

 

My boys found this book really helpful, it was fun to be able to sit with them load up the app watch it together and then watch them complete the activities on the pages.

The book is priced up at £4.99 which I think is a very good price which compares very well with lots of other wipe clean educational activity book. Yes although it doesn't come with a wipe clean pen it does have the downloadable app which is in my opinion a fantastic aid for your children to see how they write the letters or shapes correctly.

I was sent these books for review purpose free of charge and all views and opinions are my own.

We're going on an adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment