My Crazy Kids

My Crazy Kids

Monday 14 October 2013

Starting School

Today my little boy grew up he will always forever be my little man, but today was the start of proper school.


Although he had been at this school for a whole school year and a half he has now stated in reception school.


My little man took his first step of many along the bumpy long road of education, it will be know doubt filled with many many ups (hopefully) and not so many downs (again hopefully), but for now he can just go to school happy in the knowledge that his little friends will be there waiting to play joyfully each and everyday.


Today was a little different, for today all the new little reception kids looked list in their massive playground.

 

Yet not a tear did I see from parent or child alike. Maybe the parents were being strong for their little ones but behind closed doors the river's of tears did flow and many the kids have changed over the years got stronger got less emotional, just think "hey ho it's just another day at school".


I sit hear listening, listening to my daughter (who is 1 next week) and my youngest boy playing, my lad pulling at my wife's heart strings by  saying every now and then "I miss J.R mummy".
I think how soon the time will come round for their turn to go off to start their own educational journey, I just hope and prey they all take a firm grasp of life and live it to the full, enjoy thoroughly and don't waste a single day of it.



4 comments:

  1. Your post reminded me how I burst into tears AFTER I dropped my twins off on their first day of school. Smiled and was strong at the school but a mess on the way home.
    #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww bless him i do hope he had the most amazing time :-)

    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete